PDF24 has developed a new WordPress PDF plugin for the WordPress Blog. The plugin works with WordPress up to version 2.8 and therefore also with the newest WordPress version.
This plugin enables your readers to convert one or more articles into pdf files. Therefore a little box can be shown below every article, in the sidebar or on the top or bottom af a page. In that boxes you can fill in your e-mail address. After sending the form a pdf file will be created and sent to the entered email address.
- Restructured the plugin to work with automated installation in WordPress
- Predefined languages: German, English, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Swedish , Greek
- Redesigned plugin options page to configure the plugin.
- Added further options to configure the plugin
- Restructured the plugin to improve performance
- Tested with WordPress 2.8
- Unpack the plugin zip archive in your wordpress plugin folder /wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress admin area
- Configure the plugin in wordpress admin area Settings->PDF24 Plugin
The plugin is configured to display a small pdf box below each article by default. The plugin can display boxes below each article, in the sidebar or on the top or bottom of each page. To enable or disable some of these boxes please change the plugin settings.
You have to insert some peace of code into a template file if the sidebar box or the top/bottom box should be displayed:
Insert the following code into the sidebar.php, where the sidebar pdf box should appear.
<!-- Start pdf24.org sidebar plugin -->
<?php pdf24Plugin_sidebarBox(); ?>
<!-- End pdf24.org sidebar plugin -->
Insert the following code into the theme file index.php, where the top/bottom pdf bar should appear.
<!-- Start pdf24.org top/bottom plugin -->
<?php pdf24Plugin_topBottomBox(); ?>
<!-- End pdf24.org top/bottom plugin -->