2 Issues: English Translation and Editor/Show/Email issues.

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General 2 Issues: English Translation and Editor/Show/Email issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    annadomini

I have found a couple issues:

1) this is minor, but for proper translation, the 'abbrechen' dialog is presented on the english version whenever a item is processed by ghostscript(?). I believe this should be translated to 'Cancel', as it seems that abbrechen means 'to break off'.

2) Whenever I have the editor open, i am unable to process more pdf conversions via the PDF assistant. Instead, the new PDF document is added to the editor. I have checked the PDF settings, under General, i find the option, 'Open created PDF files in assistant' enabled. I would imagine this option should allow the file to be opened with the assistant and not the editor.

Please let me know if i can be of any help to correct these items.

thanks,

sideone.

pdf24

Thanks for your info.

1) I have corrected that. Will be fixed in next comming version.

2) Currently you can configure in settings of our PDF Creator which handler will be opened if no handler is open. If an handler is open and can be used to handle a document, then this handler is used. The assistant is a single handler and can't be used twice. The editor is a multi handler and can be used for more than one document. If the editor is open, every prints will be redirected to editor and the editor loads the prints in the collection list where you can edit the file or merge the files.
    Maybe i will provide a setting in future to configure whether to redirect to an open handler or not. I'll put it on TODO.

annadomini

thanks again for the update. I really do like the product, and would like to introduce it to my company to implement globally. Does the current license allow for business use or would we need an upgraded license?

Also, I have noticed multiple profiles for converting pdf files. We have used best to achieve good results with the (best) profile. We use PDF24 primarily for printing from a PDF document to a PDF file (to lock annotations from foxit). Is there a conversion/compression/etc chart for the different profiles? I am curious as we may have many documents to 'lock' by using pdf24, some may have images, some may have lots of gray or black bars, i would like to create profiles for each. However, i will need to create these profiles across 50+ pcs.

thanks in advance,

sideone

pdf24

You can use the softwre for business use, for private use, you can redistribute it, the software is free for everyone.

Here is a small size comparison for different quality modes. We have converted the web page heise.de to pdf and we have saved the PDF using different quality modes.

135 KB - standard quality, standard profile
    136 KB - low quality, screen optimized
    137 KB - medium quality, ebook optimized
    160 KB - good quality, printer optimized
    190 KB - best quality, prepress optimized

Profiles can be copied via registry. Profiles are saved under the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/PDFPrint/profiles
    You can copy the values under this key to another machine.

annadomini

Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.