Deactivating Online-Converter

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation Deactivating Online-Converter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sv_klm
    Participant

Hi, folks,

I'm new to this forum as well as to the PDF24-converter, but I like it (both of them 😉

Everything works as described, but I'm looking for an option to deactivate the online conversion alternative. We do have users with confidential documents to convert - so the should net get an option to convert these documents online.
    Maybe there's a MSI switch (like the one to disable the fax option)?

Best regards,

Martin

pdf24

Hi,

you can disable the online converter via the user profile of the pdf24 creator. The user settings are located in the registry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/PDFPrint"

Add the DWORD value "NoOnlineConverter" = 1

This will deactivate the online converter for that user. You can use a login script or something like that to set that value for each user.

hobbit mage
    Participant

Hello!
    I've install 8.1, edit registry, double check, reboot and check again. Online buttons still active.
    I'm doing something wrong or you have disabled this preference in 8 version?

pdf24

This should work, I've just tested that. The configs are stored in the registry. THe user config is storted ujder the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/PDFPrint and the application config is stored under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node/PDFPrint.

You can use the NO... keys in both, the user and the app config.

NoTrayIcon=1 disables the try icon
    NoOnlineConverter=1 disables the online converter
    NoOnlinePdfTools=1 disables the online pdf tools
    NoShellContextMenuExtension=1 disables shell extension
    NoPDF24MailInterface=1 disables the PDF24 mail interface
    NoFax=1 disables fax
    NoCloudPrint=1 disables cloud print

All the values above are DWORDs.

If you see some buttons in the GUI after you have configured not to show that buttons, please make a screenshot and send it to forum@pdf24.org and then I'll look a bit deeper into the code to check that that.

hobbit mage
    Participant

Thanks! I'll try to check it tomorrow!

hobbit mage
    Participant

Thanks for the information!
    Adjust all settings with group policy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.