Editing a Password-Protected PDF File

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Editing a Password-Protected PDF File

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    readandshare
    Participant

Using PDF24 Creator, I merged two PDF files into one and added a password for protection.

But when I wish to edit this file, seems like I have to first use another PDF reader to open it (with password) -- then printing out the contents over to PDF24. Is there a way to skip these steps and just use PDF24 to open/edit/save?

pdf24

The PDF24 itself currently can't open password protected PDF files directly. You have to remove the password protection first by printing on the PDF printer to create a new PDF files which is not password protected. We will add the feature to open password protected PDF files in a subsequent version but it will still take some releases until we have that feature available.

readandshare
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to seeing this feature in a future edition.

readandshare
    Participant

Hi PDF24, any updates on this?

pdf24

No, still not ready to add that feature into the software.

readandshare
    Participant

Dare I ask... any update on this?

readandshare
    Participant

Any forecast or update? Certain files, I don't feel comfortable using online password removers. Would love to see PDF24 able to open files that it had encrypted prior. Thanks!

readandshare
    Participant

Gave up waiting. Hello PDFill. Goodbye PDF24.

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

You can remove a PDF password very easily with PDF24. You can do that online and offline. Our online password removal tool is located here: https://tools.pdf24.org

To remove a PDF password with the PDF24 Creator do the following:
    1. Open the protected PDF file with a PDF reader
    2. Print this file on the PDF24 PDF printer.

This produces a password free PDF files which you can use further.

readandshare
    Participant

PDF24 8.7.0 - Feature: Loading password-protected PDF files - "This feature was requested by some users and here it is now."

Finally! Hello again, PDF24!! 🙂 <--BIG SMILE

Yes, one can utilize other apps to print out an encrypted PDF file to PDF24 for further manipulation, but that's mildly annoying. It's so much nicer now, being able to right click and send any PDF file -- protected or not -- straight to PDF24. Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.