Error printing PDF on terminal servers

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Error printing PDF on terminal servers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adam b
    Participant

We currently have an issue with using the PDF24 printer on terminal servers.  Some background - this started about a week ago.  We started running a logon script that runs CCleaner on logon to clear out the users temp files so we can keep their UPDs from growing and slowing down.  Since then, when our users go to print to PDF they get the following error:

Could not create temporary file:
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PDF24\1488964296_3394195689_1ps

To fix it we have to go into task manager and end the PDF24 process for each user on that terminal server, have each user open the PDF24 creator and clear out the print queue.  It then prints fine.  This has become a hassle and want to get that fixed.  Tried changed the service for PDF24 to a delayed start and that did not fix it.

Terminal servers are Windows Server 2012R2
    PDF24 version is 8.1.2

pdf24

Do you change the temp folder?

Seems that the temp folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64 is not writeable for the users processes.

This temp folder is not the normal users temp folder. Does all users have the same temp folder?

adam b
    Participant

Temp folder has not been changed, PDF24 is installed with all defaults.  I've gone to C:\Windows\SysWOW64  and created folders and deleted on those user accounts so I know they have permissions to that directory.
    After ending the PDF24 process and restarting the program, printing to PDF works.  I've checked the SysWOW64 directory and there is not even a PDF24 folder in there, even after the PDF printing is working.

This error is occurring for all users that login to our full cloud environment (about 50 people, across 5 terminal servers).

yabadisns
    Participant

hi-has anyone found a resolution to this? we have one Terminal server and have the same issue. thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.