How do I eliminate Status: Error - Deleting?

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General How do I eliminate Status: Error - Deleting?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gjsanza
    Participant

When I try to print a file to PDF, the Print window comes up where I need to first choose "PD24 PDF"... I then notice the Status says: Error - Deleting... so that when I hit Enter, nothing further happens. (No PDF file gets created.)

When I instead choose "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" from the Print window, it generates an XPS file, no problem.

I have tried uninstalling/installing PDF24, and am using latest version 8.4.1.
    Same problem.

Do you have any advice?

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Install the PDF24 Creator and ensure, that the PDF24 Windows Service is running. You can check that in the Windows Service manager. After you have installed the PDF24 Creator, you will find the PDF24 entry there. This PDF24 service is responsible for processing print jobs of the PDF printer. If you disable this service or if the service is in an error state, then the PDF printer will not work.

gjsanza
    Participant

Hi Stefan,
    Thx for the advice! I went to Control Panel, under Printers, and noticed an exclamation point on the PDF24 print icon. Right clicked on it, chose Troubleshoot, which then “started PDF24 Window Service” As one of the steps. After I “applied fix”, I did need to reinstall 8.4.1 again... but then everything works great now!!! Many thx!! I will keep this on file in case it happens again!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.