Import/Export Profile

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Import/Export Profile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    calipilot
    Participant

Hi,

i've went through some posts which describe how you can copy your PDF24 settings and additional profiles to other machines. Unfortunately the described path in the registry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PDFPrint\Profiles\fo) doesn't exist and when i export the settings within "Services" and import the keys on another machine, the new profile/Printer won't show up.

What i'm doing wgrong here?

I've made the tests on Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with the latest version of PDF24 (8.8.2).

Thanks in advance

Chris

francesren
    Participant

I tried importing a profile on another machine too and couldn't do it. One machine runs Windows 7 and the other Windows 10. Could that be the problem?

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

The path HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PDFPrint\Profiles\fo is for x64 machines and the path for x86 ones is HKLM\SOFTWARE\PDFPrint\Profiles\fo. Windows does some mapping here.

gruiz
    Participant

If you are not an admin and PDF24 is installed for your user then the profiles are (in Windows 10 x64) in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PDFPrint\Profiles\fo

You can export the profile you want and import it somewhere else.

Stefan, is there any registry key to tell PDF24 that "SOMEPROFILE" should be the default loaded?

I know that it defaults to the last one used but this requires to at least select that profile and then exit 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.