Installation

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation Installation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lojong
    Participant

Hi All

This is my first post. After downloading and installing PDF24 Editor, all went well until I wanted to edit a downloaded Pdf file. Having dragged and dropped this Pdf file into PDF24 'OPEN' location, the file pages appear on screen. A double click and the document pages open on the PDF24 editing screen. All of the facilities for the application seem to operate ok. BUT I am unable to add text to the document (which is a blank form) The document remains 'dead'; no active cursor is produced.

Hoping that someone out there will be able to set me right with this one.

Regards
    Lojong

pdf24

You can't change the content of PDF pages. The PDF24 Creator can't do that. You can edit the PDF file page-based, such as removing whole pages, replacing whole pages, moving whole pages, but editing the content of a page can't be realized with the PDF24 Creator.

lojong
    Participant

Thank you PDF24 Admin.

I now understand fully. My own understanding was that PDF24 had provided the facility of editing Pdf docs. I will now attempt to move pages into Word format where I can then edit them.

Regards
    Lojong

pdf24

Ok. The PDF file format itself is not very good to open the file for editing. A PDF file is really good for viewing, a exchange format which can be opened everywhere and which looks similar on each PC, but the information inside a PDF file is not really good for an editor. Opening a PDF file in an editor would often be very inaccurate. Word and other text applications do a much better job here.

It's always a good choice to have an application for editing. Always export a PDF file if you want to share your file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.