Is there any way to load a custom profile or change default to lower quality?

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Is there any way to load a custom profile or change default to lower quality?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gruiz
    Participant

Is it possible to load a predefined profile? I can always get to the default one which has too much quality making huge PDF files. Its set to Good but I need it to be set on Low, it makes a huge difference where I work.

I really need that, I can't get to make a profile the default one due to lack of admin permissions. In a regular computer (at home) it works fine, you just select whatever profile or quality you want and if you save a file then next time it gets loaded the exact quality you last used, however at work (where it matter most) I can't do that.

It will be very helpful if we could set on the REGISTRY some value for PDF24 to look for and load the profile found there at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PDFPrint\Profiles\fo

A shortcut argument like "-profile:profilename" for launching PDF24 will be fine too, anything other than the actual scheme where you must rely on your users selecting the low quality profile everytime they create a PDF (most users wont do that at all).

Thanks in advance, this will save literally enormous ammounts of time and gigabytes of storage space, on the sender and receiver 🙂

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

You should clarify why this does not work on work. It should work and you do not need admin privileges for this feature. The last used profile is stored in the user profile in the registry under the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER(/Software/PDFPrint.

If this feature is not working for you, then you should find out why the setting is not stored under this path.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.