PDF24 Creator .msi Setup Parameter/Arguments

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation PDF24 Creator .msi Setup Parameter/Arguments

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    pdf24

PDF24 provides a MSI setup version of the PDF24 Creator. The download link of the latest version of the .msi setup is: https://www.pdf24.org/products/pdf-creator/download/pdf24-creator.msi

MSI command line arguments

AUTOUPDATE=Yes|No
    Enables or disables the autoupdate feature of PDF24. Set the public property [AUTOUPDATE=No] for disabling the autoupdate feature. The feature is enabled by default.

DESKTOPICONS=Yes|No
    Creates or disables the Windows Desktop icons for PDF24-PDF and PDF24-Fax. Set the public property [DESKTOPICONS=No] for disabling the Windows Desktop icons. The Windows Desktop icons will be created by default.

FAXPRINTER=Yes|No
    Enables or disables the Fax printer feature of PDF24. Set the public property [FAXPRINTER=No] for disabling the Fax printer feature. The feature is enabled by default.

REGISTERREADER=Yes|No
    Enables or disables PDF24 Reader registration. The feature is enabled by default.

Usage of the MSI properties
    pdf24-creator.msi AUTOUPDATE=[Yes|No] DESKTOPICONS=[Yes|No] FAXPRINTER=[Yes|No] /[QR|QB|QN]

MSI Launch Conditions
    Minimum OS version: Windows Vista

Example
    pdf24-creator.msi AUTOUPDATE=No DESKTOPICONS=No FAXPRINTER=No /QB

supergian
    Participant

Can you explain these: /Q[QR|QB|QN]
    Thanks.

pdf24

The amount of user interface that installer displays can be controlled with /q options, in particular:

/qn - No interface
    /qb - Basic interface - just a small progress dialog
    /qb! - Like /qb, but hide the Cancel button
    /qr - Reduced interface - display all dialogs that don't require user interaction (skip all modal dialogs)
    /qn+ - Like /qn, but display "Completed" dialog at the end
    /qb+ - Like /qb, but display "Completed" dialog at the end

gubbelpiepmatz
    Participant

Hallo,
    hmm, these parameters doesn't work for me. Is there a tutorial with all parameters can be assigned in the inf file for silent installation?
    Many thx in advance.

P.S. On Windows 10 x64 with PDF24 version 8.7.2.

gubbelpiepmatz
    Participant

Ok, please forget it, it was my fault inside Syntax of Powershell (Shame on me).
    Sorry for this.

ustsovov
    Participant

Hello. Ask pelease, what can I do for PDF24 don't set as default PDF reader after installation?

gubbelpiepmatz
    Participant

Hi ustsovov,
    after installation the PDF24Creator is not set as default PDF reader in my tests.
    Only the default printer is set to pdf24creator printer.
    I have no solution for this, only a workaround.
    We are installing it by SCCM with Powershell and after the installation process we set the default printer back to the default one before the installation of pdf24creator was processed.

This powershell code works for us (tested at Win 7 Enterprise x64 and Win 10 Enterprise x64):

# Getting actual default printer
    [String] $DefPrntName=(Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM Win32_Printer WHERE Default=$true").ShareName
    ## ...other commands, like installation of PDF24Creator etc. ...
    # Setting the default printer back to the one before the installation started.
        $AvailablePrinters=Get-WmiObject -ClassName Win32_Printer
        ($AvailablePrinters | Where-Object -FilterScript {$_.Name -like "$DefPrntName"}).SetDefaultPrinter()

@PDF24Creator team, exists a parameter for silent install that after installation is done the pdf24 printer is NOT set as default printer?

Many thx in advance.

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

The PDF24 installer does not change the default printer in Windows. We just install a new printer in your system, we we do not set it to default. The reason must be another.

ustsovov
    Participant

I haven't problem with default printer after installaton, PDF24 just add new printer, not set default.

I have a problem with default PDF-reader in system after installation.
    I install *.msi version trough GPO to domain computers, and after installation I have new value register key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.PDF\Default="PDF24.Reader"
    Can I install PDF24 8.7.2 and not set this value register key?
    Or maybe, can I just install PDF24 8.7.2 without PDF-reader component?

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Yes you can prevent that. Just use REGISTERREADER=No as state in the initial post.

sams
    Participant

@Stephen - do you have more documentation about what can be configured? For example, I'd like to not show the tray icon, etc - basically, I'd like to install it so that it just adds a PDF printer, and that's it.

Thanks

jannis
    Participant

Hi, is there a way to disable the online features during installation?

Regards,
    Jannis

ghostza
    Participant

This arguments does not work with 9.2.0. When using "pdf24-creator.msi AUTOUPDATE="No" DESKTOPICONS="No" FAXPRINTER="No" /qb!" all works but you are unable to send it via email as it says it cannot find the email client. In stalling the exe version ontop of this or doing a clean install with the exe version works fine.

trubadix85
    Participant

Hello,

like jannis, I also want to ask, if it is possible to disable the online features via MSI installation.

The problem is our CSO...

Thank you very much.

Regards Klaus

baltim
    Participant

Hi,

jannis and trubadix85. Take a look at

PDF24 with references to Online features disabled

I think this is what you're looking for.

peticeo
    Participant

What is the command line for the setting:

- Automatically save the document after printing
    Can someone help.
    thank you

saxo
    Participant

Hi,

are there any new parameter for version 10?

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

No. Arguments are now documented here:

https://creator.pdf24.org/manual/10/#msi-installer

saxo
    Participant

thanks

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.