pdf24.exe -> Execute in foreground?

Home Forums PDF24 Online PDF Converter General pdf24.exe -> Execute in foreground?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    baitisj
    Participant

Hi there!

Is there a way to get pdf24.exe to execute in a minimized window instead of forking into the background and running in the system tray?

Awesome software! Attempting to promote it within my company!

pdf24

Hi, the pdf24.exe is not a foreground app. It must run in the background. The main purpose of this app is to redirect the print job to the right location and to open a front-end application like the assistant to do something with the newly printed file.
    The pdf24.exe is necessary for the PDF printer. If the app is not running, then the PDF printer will not work. The app must be started in every user session, soo that the user can use the PDF printer.

baitisj
    Participant

Exactly; I gathered that the pdf24.exe receives information through a pipe from the print driver in order to manage PDF files.

However, having pdf24.exe strictly run in the background essentially eliminates the possibility of running within a XenApp environment as XenApp requires a foreground process -- it ties this to session management.

As such, it would be a really great feature if the pdf24.exe could optionally be executed as a foreground process -- even if a call to pdf24.exe was blocking within a DOS "cmd" environment, but still resident in the system tray. In this way, I could make the execution of the application contingent on the execution of another Windows application.

Alternatively, if pdf24.exe had a way of communicating its PID, TASKKILL could be used to manage the user's session.

Just some thoughts!

Hi, the pdf24.exe is not a foreground app. It must run in the background. The main purpose of this app is to redirect the print job to the right location and to open a front-end application like the assistant to do something with the newly printed file.
    The pdf24.exe is necessary for the PDF printer. If the app is not running, then the PDF printer will not work. The app must be started in every user session, soo that the user can use the PDF printer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.