Print error 9.0.3

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Print error 9.0.3

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    acidvenom
    Participant

Hi,

there's an error when printing PDF on version 9.0.3 (see pic).

Windows 1909 x64

COMODO Antivirus installed

gavoz
    Participant

Hi,
    Getting the same error here.
    Windows 10 Enterprise (different builds) and Kaspersky Endpoitn Security 11.2.0.2254.

Thanks,

Andrea

Vincent D
    Participant

Hi,

we faced the same problem.

I discovered that the new version 9.0.3 is missing a folder with the Ghostscript executable in it. So i downloaded ghostscript, installed it and copiedĀ  the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\gs\gsx.xx\bin to C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\bin

That fixed it for me.

acidvenom
    Participant

ThanksĀ Vincent D

I rolled back for 9.0.2 and gonna wait for 9.0.4

gavoz
    Participant

Hello,
    thanks Vincent.

I fixed it too.

In a different way but the root cause is the same discovered by you.
    Basically in the C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\ folder the bin folder is missing.

I think it's due to an error during the update (and the 9.0.3 solved a problem with GS...).
    If you uninstall the installed version and then install the new one, the bin folder is created correctly.

Thanks,

Andrea

acidvenom
    Participant

I've made a test with fresh VM and newly installed 9.0.3 faced the same error.

Maybe I have to redownload msi. Yeah, forgot to mension that I use it.

P.S.: No, msi's are equal

gavoz
    Participant

Hello,
    strange.

I performed these steps (uninstall/reinstall) on several machine and the bin folder has been created succesfully.

Andrea

acidvenom
    Participant

Version 9.0.4 - same issue with gs/bin after upgrade.

Program repair or manual folder copy should fix it but it's no good.

Tested on MSI installer.

acidvenom
    Participant

OK, I've done some research.

The issue persist in domain and only while upgrading through MSI.

Log file is here.

gavoz
    Participant

Hello,
    thanks for the update.

Andrea

spheron
    Participant

Hello @all,

are there any news on this? We stuck on V9.0.2 as of this error with the MSI Installer. Should we use the EXE Installer?

Greetings
    Marco

acidvenom
    Participant

Sorry, no updates. Awaiting for 9.0.5 or something.

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Can anyone of you give me a short instruction on how I can reproduce this? Then I can test this too.

spheron
    Participant

Hello Stefan,

install V9.0.2 via MSI:

msiexec.exe /I "pdf24-creator-9.0.2.msi" /qn /L* "c:\windows\temp\pdf24_install.log" AUTOUPDATE=No DESKTOPICONS=No FAXPRINTER=No REGISTERREADER=No

V9.0.2 is working normal.

After that, reboot and install V9.0.4 (MSI) with the same command.

This results (for me) in the error message you see in the first post.

Greetings
    Marco

spheron
    Participant

Hello Stefan,

tried upgrade with the V9.0.5 MSI Version... Results in the same error as described above at printing a word document ("Error creating final PDF file")

Greetings
    Marco

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Open the Console in the GUI via F12 and then try to save the file. The console shows some outputs and this could help to find the problem.

spheron
    Participant

Hello Stefan,

the output of the debug log is the following:

================
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\bin\gswin32c.exe" -dSAVER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress "-sOutputFile=C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\PDF24\389468_4022573242_0.pdf" -dCompatibilityLevel=1.7 -dAutoRotatePages=/PageByPage -dEmbedAllFonts=true -dSubsetFonts=true -dProcessColorModel=/DeviceRGB -dColorConversionStrategy=/LeaveColorUnchanged -dPreserveAnnots=true -dAutoFilterColorImages=true -dAutoFilterGrayImages=true -dAutoFilterMonoImages=true -r300 -dColorImageResolution=300 -dGrayImageResolution=300 -dMonoImageResolution=300 -dDownsampleColorImages=true -dColorImageDownsampleType=/Bicubic -dColorImageDownsampleThreshold=1.0 -dDownsampleGrayImages=true -dGrayImageDownsampleType=/Bicubic -dGrayImageDownsampleThreshold=1.0 -dDownsampleMonoImages=true -dMonoImageDownsampleType=/Subsample -dMonoImageDownsampleThreshold=1.0 -dPassThroughJPEGImages=false -c " <</ColorImageDict <</QFactor 0.25 /Blend 1 /ColorTransform 1 /HSample [1 1 1 1] /VSample [1 1 1 1]>> >> setdistillerparams <</GrayImageDict <</QFactor 0.25 /Blend 1 /ColorTransform 1 /HSample [1 1 1 1] /VSample [1 1 1 1]>> >> setdistillerparams <</ColorACSImageDict <</QFactor 0.25 /Blend 1 /ColorTransform 1 /HSample [1 1 1 1] /VSample [1 1 1 1]>> >> setdistillerparams <</GrayACSImageDict <</QFactor 0.25 /Blend 1 /ColorTransform 1 /HSample [1 1 1 1] /VSample [1 1 1 1]>> >> setdistillerparams" -f "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\PDF24\379640_1785970467_1.ps" -c "[ /Creator (PDF24 Creator) /DOCINFO pdfmark"
    ----------------

As described above from different users: the directory "bin" in C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\ doesnt exist.

If i install the V9.0.2 then C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\bin\ exists...

Greetings
    Marco

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Hmm weird thing, just tested the MSI again within my VM and everything works fine here. Anything else I can do to reproduce the issue?

spheron
    Participant

Hello Stefan,

perhaps you can try to install V9.0.2. (MSI) on a clean Windows, update to V9.0.3 MSI and then Update to V9.0.5.

In V9.0.3 you made changes in/with Ghostscript, maybe there is the cause of the problem...

Greets
    Marco

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Version Version 9.0.3 did a roll-back to an older Ghostscript version. This could be the cause and we can investigate here.

spheron
    Participant

Hello Stefan,

tried the 9.1.0 MSI Version. The error don't change: Printing a PDF causes "Error Creating final PDF File"

Here ist the Debug Log:

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
    APPDATA=C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming
    asl.log=Destination=file
    CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
    CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
    CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
    COMPUTERNAME=XXXXXXXXXXX
    ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    DEFLOGDIR=C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Logs
    DriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData
    FPS_BROWSER_APP_PROFILE_STRING=Internet Explorer
    FPS_BROWSER_USER_PROFILE_STRING=Default
    GS_DLL=C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\bin\gsdll32.dll
    GS_LIB=C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\lib;C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
    HOMEDRIVE=C:
    HOMEPATH=\Users\XXX
    IPOFFICEADMIN_DIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\
    IPOFFICEADMIN_VER=11.0.4100.11
    LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local
    LOGONSERVER=\\XXXXXXXXXXX
    NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=4
    OneDrive=C:\Users\XXX\OneDrive
    OS=Windows_NT
    Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24;C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\lib;C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-8.0.212.03-hotspot\bin;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Imgctls\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\WINDOWS\system32\;
    PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
    PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
    PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432=AMD64
    PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel
    PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
    PROCESSOR_REVISION=9e09
    ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
    ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files (x86)
    ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
    ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files
    PROMPT=$P$G
    PSModulePath=C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules;C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Explorers\Exchange\;C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Explorers\Oracle\;C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Explorers\SharePoint\;C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\SQLExplorer\
    PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
    SAPLOGON_INI_FILE=c:\XXX_ProgramData\SAP\saplogon.ini
    SESSIONNAME=Console
    SystemDrive=C:
    SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
    TEMP=C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp
    TMP=C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp
    TMPDIR=C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp
    USERDNSDOMAIN=INTRA.XXXXXXXXXX.DE
    USERDOMAIN=XXX
    USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=XXX
    USERNAME=XXX
    USERPROFILE=C:\Users\XXX
    windir=C:\WINDOWS
    __COMPAT_LAYER=ElevateCreateProcess DetectorsMessageBoxErrors
    ================
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\gs\bin\gswin32c.exe" -dSAVER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress "-sOutputFile=C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\PDF24\2421687_3727268706_2.pdf" -dCompatibilityLevel=1.7 -dAutoRotatePages=/PageByPage -dEmbedAllFonts=true -dSubsetFonts=true -dProcessColorModel=/DeviceRGB -dColorConversionStrategy=/LeaveColorUnchanged -dPreserveAnnots=true -dAutoFilterColorImages=true -dAutoFilterGrayImages=true -dAutoFilterMonoImages=true -r300 -dColorImageResolution=300 -dGrayImageResolution=300 -dMonoImageResolution=300 -dDownsampleColorImages=true -dColorImageDownsampleType=/Bicubic -dColorImageDownsampleThreshold=1.0 -dDownsampleGrayImages=true -dGrayImageDownsampleType=/Bicubic -dGrayImageDownsampleThreshold=1.0 -dDownsampleMonoImages=true -dMonoImageDownsampleType=/Subsample -dMonoImageDownsampleThreshold=1.0 -dPassThroughJPEGImages=false -c " <</ColorImageDict <</QFactor 0.25 /Blend 1 /ColorTransform 1 /HSample [1 1 1 1] /VSample [1 1 1 1]>> >> setdistillerparams <</GrayImageDict <</QFactor 0.25 /Blend 1 /ColorTransform 1 /HSample [1 1 1 1] /VSample [1 1 1 1]>> >> setdistillerparams <</ColorACSImageDict <</QFactor 0.25 /Blend 1 /ColorTransform 1 /HSample [1 1 1 1] /VSample [1 1 1 1]>> >> setdistillerparams <</GrayACSImageDict <</QFactor 0.25 /Blend 1 /ColorTransform 1 /HSample [1 1 1 1] /VSample [1 1 1 1]>> >> setdistillerparams" -f "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\PDF24\2304718_654593741_0.ps" -c "[ /Creator (PDF24 Creator) /DOCINFO pdfmark"
    ----------------

spheron
    Participant

Hello Stefan,

as tried around with V9.1.0 i saw, that, after i deinstalled the V9.0.2, several Reg Keys at:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PDFPrint

exists after deinstallation.

So i delete the above key complete and install the V9.1.0... and voila: PDF24 works again. I tried this (Deinstall V9.0.2 / Delete Reg-Key Node / Install V9.1.0) on serveral clients and every time it works. So, for me, i have found a solution that works.

The above Reg node exist after deinstallation, probably, because i set several Reg-Keys manually with our software deployment after installation.

The question is if i had to deinstall PDF24, from now on, every time i want to install a new version... Will see on next update...

Greetings
    Marco

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

My question is the following: What specific key causes this issue? You deleted all, but there must be one specific. Could you try to figure that out? That would mean not to delete the whole node but rather one after another until the problem is solved. The would help me to fix this issue.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.