W10 Installation

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation W10 Installation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    camtuc
    Participant

I have installed in Windows 10 but when I got to run Windows blocks it.
    I have tried running as administrator but still the same problem

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

What does Windows say? Is there a message from Windows 10? Normally Windows asks for Admin privileges to install the PDF24 Creator and this is normally OK. Windows normally asks you whether you want to install the PDF24 Creator from the Geek Software GmbH as long as the signature of the installer is correct. Did you download from our http://www.pdf24.org pages? If not, we can not guarantee, that what you have downloaded is really the PDF24 Creator.

camtuc
    Participant

Further to me post the creator works OK it is just the printing from programmes I have problems with

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Ok, the PDF24 Creator uses a Windows Service to redirect print jobs. You can find the service in the Windows Service manager. The name is PDF24. This service must be in a running state in order to get the PDF printer to work. Did you stop the service or do you see some system errors in the Windows event viewer? If the PDF24 service is not running, then the PDF printer will not work. Normally the PDF24 pops up a message box that tells you, that the service is stopped and there is a button to restart it. This is implemented in the current version 8.4.1.

camtuc
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I have checked in Windows Services and it has stopped. I did not get an error message. I have restarted it and it appears to work. I will know where to o if it happens again. Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.