"A general fault of the MSF_OPENDS response" error

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General "A general fault of the MSF_OPENDS response" error

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rturner
    Participant

Hello,
    I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum.
    We have recently installed PDF24 on multiple computers which also use AmbirScan. We use PDF24 to supliment the deficiencies AmbirScan has with the great scanning options PDF24 has. (You guys should creat a "card" scanner button and take over AmbirScan)
    Unfortunately we have been getting the following error when users attemp to scan documents through another application:

A general fault of the MSG_OPENDS response (Internally) There has been a sharing violation. Twain source may be in use. (Code DS50171)

We are using Fujitsu Fi-6130's with the latest drivers on Win7.

Is there any way to resolve this?

pdf24

Hmm, currently I don't know how to solve that problem. We had some issues with the TWAIN driver which is responsible for reading data from scanners. Your problem could be a new one.

We also have the point on our TODO list to overwork the TWAIN driver but I think we will remove that driver in the near future and replace that one with a WIA driver which is then hopefully more robust to read images from scanner or camera.

But I think it will take a few weeks until we have the WIA driver implemented to replace the TWAIN driver.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.