Bad processing of fonts using digitar paper on certain files

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Bad processing of fonts using digitar paper on certain files

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alejobd
    Participant

Hello.
    I like your product very much, very feature filled... Well, I like the assistant and the virtual printer. The PDF creator, I don't really know what's its purpose different from what can be accomplished/could be added to the virtual printer and/or contextual menu options without having 2 completely separate workflows and interfaces.

Going to my problem, when using the contextual menu options, in which is pdf24 that "renders/decodes" the file, and try to use the digital paper option to "stamp" a file with another one, sometimes the resulting file does show only "plain text". I think I narrowed the issue to files that include fonts, but don't embed them.
    If I open the file with a reader, then print the file using the digital paper, the result is fine, so it is somehow related with how pdf24 "pass" the info to the "stamping" process. It is not that pdf24 is unable to render the file fine: in the preview, the documents appears ok, and if I convert the file to PDF again without digital paper, the result is also ok. So it is related with the "stamping" process.
    I can send you a test file and a stamped one showing the problem.
    I want to "mass stamp" files using the contextual menu with a custom profile (I love the unattended batch processing possibilities that this provides... wonderful), but some files has this problem, so I have to do it one by one by opening with the reader.
    Greetings.

alejobd
    Participant

Were you already aware of this problem? Is there another more suitable way of reporting bugs?
    I believe PDF24 could really be the definitive PDF printer, (not only the best PDF printer which already is IMNSHO, after extensive testing and research). I'm eager to suggest refinements and features to see it improve. I hope pdf24 staff is at least as eager as I am (maybe is just holidays and we'll see myriads of responses and improvements soon 😉 )

pdf24

Hi,

please send me some test files and short instructions so that I can try to reproduce the problem on our test machine. If we can reproduce it then we will try to fix it.

You can send the files to forum@pdf24.org

alejobd
    Participant

Test files and short instructions sent (yesterday, in fact).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.