Cannot load files

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Cannot load files

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mjc1
    Participant

I have just installed PDF24 on my Windows 10 machine, on the recommendation of ComputerActive magazine. I load it, I open (say) the Merge tool and the file selection button simply does not respond to a mouse click. Nor can I drag files into the selection area. Some of the other toolbox buttons do absolutely nothing.

I recall now that I loaded the same software some months ago and found exactly the same. I uninstalled it then. I'm a little less busy now so I am keen to find out why it simply does not work for me.

foxglove
    Participant

Sorry I don't have an answer but I do have the same problem with the installation on one of my PCs.  On other PCs it works fine. None of the tools work because if I click on say 'merge PDF' the window to add files isn't active. It's just greyed out. Nothing happens at all if I click on eg 'open PDF reader' or 'import from scanner or camera'.

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help. I have the latest version. This doesn't seem to be a common problem but I hope someone can suggest what might be causing it please?

helpme24pdf
    Participant

Like foxglove I have 2 computers, both running the latest Windows 10 Pro version. On the older one PDF24 works fine.

On my new computer I have the same problem as described above. Not only do none of the tools work but also the 3 options at the bottom of the screen do not function. These are "About PDF24 Creator2, "Check for updates"  and "Settings".

I do recall that when initially installed (April 2021) it worked fine. But now it doesn't work, possibly as a result of a Windows update? However my older computer has received the same updates.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.