Changes to default printer

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Changes to default printer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bender1990
    Participant

Hi,

Since a couple weeks we are using pdf24 on our 2019 rds enviroment. Since then, the default printer keeps changing to the PDF24 pdf printer. This is without any user interaction on the printer. Im trying to fix this for weeks but no clue.

- Windows is not managing the user printers
    - network printers are published by gpo

Can someone advise?

Joep

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

This issue is still open on our side, but we do not know, why that happens. This is really weird because we do not change this actively, only temporarily if this is required to convert files to PDF with the PDF printer. There are some discussions here in the forum, especially in the German version, but this problem is not solved, because it seems, that this problem is not on our site. Some admins reported, that Windows itself is doing some weird things under special conditions and changes the printer. If anybody of you can send me a reproducible instruction so that I can reproduce the change on my site, then I can investigate further. Hope you can?

bender1990
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

Unfortunally, im not able to reproduce the issue. I tried it with a couple of users, but none of the actions are changing the deafult printer. This seems to happen soft of out of the blue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.