Conversion to JPG -ConvertTo parameters

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Conversion to JPG -ConvertTo parameters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    aiken
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I need to automate the conversion to JPG of splitted pages of a PDF file.
    Is there a way to force the output file format with the -convertTo command line and avoid the GUI pop-up? I tried to look on the forum but i haven't found any solution.

Thanks,
    Aiken

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

You could definitively use the applyProfile for that. Create a new profile for JPG with the settings you want. Then use the pdf24-doctool.exe on the command line and use the applyProfile there. ALso use the outputfile argument to write the result to disk. This should work.

Call the doctool without arguments to get the command line info window. There you can find all arguments you need.

aiken
    Participant

Hello Stefan,
    Thanks for the reply, i thought that profiles were only for "-convertToPDF" conversion.

I still have the GUI popping-up, where i have to select the correct output profile and forcing me to press "Continue" to save the processed file.

This is my command, would you mind explain what i'm doing wrong? I still have no clue.
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\pdf24-doctool.exe" -noprogress -applyProfile -profile "user/toimage" -convertTo -outputFile "N:\France\Prog\Finish.jpg" "N:\France\Prog\Start.pdf"

Thanks again,
    Aiken

aiken
    Participant

up

Dear all,
    We need you help again.

Thanks,
    Aiken

vayder
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am experiencing the same problem with the GUI popping-up, whereas I really need my program to be completely automated without the need of additional human interaction. When repeating a program around 300 times I can't possibly deal with a pop-up every time.
    Thank you for your time and consideration, hope we will be able to find a solution.
    Kind regards,
    Vayder

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Hi, your command line is wrong. The -applyProfile and -convertTo can not be used together. Here is the command line ylu should use:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\pdf24-doctool.exe" -applyProfile -profile "user/toimage" -noProgress -outputFile "N:\France\Prog\Finish.jpg" "N:\France\Prog\Start.pdf"

lequinox
    Participant

Thanks for providing the amazing PDF24 DocTool! I have a follow-up question:

As well, I would like to convert a PDF file to a JPG file through the command line using pdf24-DocTool.exe. However, I would like the file to be converted without opening the "Save as Dialog" in the process and without creating a specific profile for converting to a JPG prior to executing the code.

In my case, I need to convert a PDF file to a JPG file with one paramater changed: The standard selected is 150 DPI and I need to change that to 300 DPI. Following the instructions above, I created a specific profile manually (called "ToJPEG300DPI"). The example code above would be then:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\pdf24-doctool.exe" -applyProfile -profile "user/ToJPEG300DPI" -noProgress -outputFile "N:\France\Prog\Finish.jpg" "N:\France\Prog\Start.pdf"

As I would like to run the code on other computers, these users would not have the previously created specific profile.

I checked the official manual for the pdf24-DocTool.exe and there is no specific command for only converting to JPG with a addicitional specific parameter, e.g. alterin the DPI.

Hence I cannot create a profile, prior to executing, the command -applyProfile cannot be used.

The command  -noProgess as they seem not compatible. Therefore, the following code would NOT work:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF24\pdf24-doctool.exe" -convertTo -noProgress -outputFile "N:\France\Prog\Finish.jpg" "N:\France\Prog\Start.pdf"

Is there a feature to directly convert a PDF to JPG (with e.g. 300 DPI) using pdf24-DocTool.exe, without creating a profile and without popping up the "save as" dialog?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.