Direct file saving

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Direct file saving

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    netrider14
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to directly and automatically save to a PDF file without having the PDF24 Assistant appear. Can this be done by writing to the registry, for example.

Thanks

pdf24

Currently not. We work on that.

Currently we don't know what is the best solutiuon. We can install an second printer which saves the file directly without user interaction or we can use the current printer and configure the printer to save files directly.

What would you prefer?

netrider14
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I propose the following solution, which may be very easy to implement:

The end user (i.e me) write a registry entry with the file name. When PDF24 detects the file name registry entry, it does not show the Assistant and just writes to the file. After completion PDF24 removes the registry entry, so that the process can start again.

Extrapolating, this solution may also work for direct mailing also. The user writes all email related settings (like email address & subject etc) to registry and when printout is sent to PDF printer, Assistant is not shown again and mail is sent automatically.

What do you think?

erbouchard
    Participant

Anything new on that subject ?

I was looking EXACTLY for the same functionality right now.

Having a registry entry would be a good solution.

Any timeline ?

By the way, I discovered your product today. Really user friendly.

Thanks

pdf24

This features is still on TODO. We have thought about that and we think that a COM-Interface is a good solution to kill several birds with one stone.

The COM interface is, as I think, the solution with the largest expense, but I try to get some resources for this feature.

steve
    Participant

I also would love to see this functionality implemented. COM interface would be fine with me. Are you looking towards making some kind of SDK available?

One possibility is that you make users create and save a Profile using the Assistant. Then we can call the COM component and pass it the Profile name and the file name/location. This may save you time in development. If you don't use a pre-configured profile then you will probably have to expose ALL the different properties (File Format, Resolution, Bit-Depth, etc.) which makes things more complex/complicated.

Great job on the software, I'm a big fan!

netrider14
    Participant

Hi Admin,

I am eagerly waiting for this feature to be available in PDF24. Thanks to keep us updated about approximate release date for this feature.

Thanks.

pdf24adv
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the "direct file save" feature is available in the latest PDF24?

Thanks,

loosliag
    Participant

Hi, this feature would still be very interresting.

I don't mind too much how it will be implemented - just having the possibility to let it be done, would be great.

Personally I would just add an option in the settings dialog: Print directly to PDF to be enabled or disabled.
    As the settings dialog can be opened always via PDF24Editor, that would not be to much of an effort to re-enable the Assistant again

Thank you very much for your effort with this software!
    Kind regards
    David

pdf24

We hope that we will have that feature implemented for the next version which will be available within the next two weeks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.