Disable update checking

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Disable update checking

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hykwok
    Participant

Dear all,

Since my computer is not always connected to Internet, PDF24 always shows a dialog box for update checking.

Anyone knows how to disable this checking so the dialog box no longer pop up?

Thank you.

ciprian
    Participant

PUSH, Feels like noone is ever reading there Forums...

Yes this is defiantly something annoying especially if u have to use a Proxy and the Updated always fails since there is no Option to insert a Proxy

pdf24

No, you can't disable update checking.

joklaus
    Participant

so of course some updates might be boring, i disabled it very easily, look at your pdf24 program path and delete or rename what you don´t need, so i renamed/deleted update.exe it seems to be not needed, only for updates, so if you dont want updates it should be your decision to delete. if there is no hidden data stolen/transmitted to the company they should not have special desire in that function.
    Because its my PC and my internet connection it should be also my decision to allow data transmission or not, thats my opinion.

pdf24

This is for security reason. If we find a bug or some other problems with security risk in the software, we can update and remove the bugs.

See it as a nice feature. There are a lot of people who don't know much about software. They only want a program that works. By removing bugs with the update feature we can repair buggy programs.

ruudboek

I would like an option to disable update checking aswell. The thing is that if you are a user with no administrator rights, which applies mostly to users in a corporate environment, then those users are not even able to install any updates. Only their administrator should be notified in that case.

Also, is it not possible to make the update checking silent, so to not show a dialog?

Terific pdf writer b.t.w, love the merging feature! 😀

pdf24

That's an good argument. We will discuss that.

A user suggested PDF24 as a viable Adobe Reader alternative, so I'm giving it a geekover by reading the support forum. Can someone give the current status of the autoupdate feature? Can it be disabled by the user?

UPDATE:

The changelog appears to indicate that since v2.5, the user can disable automatic update. Is this correct?

pdf24

Yes, you can disable update check in the settings of the program.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.