Exiting PDF24 while keepiing printer driver active

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Exiting PDF24 while keepiing printer driver active

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mdb
    Participant

I have 6.0.2 -- I'd rather not have the whole program active when I'm not using it, but I'd like the tray icon to remain (if possible) and certainly the ability to print to pdf24 whenever I print a document. It seems now that wherever I exit the full-screen editor (so I don't have a task tray button always there) the printer driver also goes away so I can't print.

Any solution to this -- i.e., keeping the printer driver always active in the background?

pdf24

Do you have disabled the pdf24.exe autostart entry? The pdf24.exe process must be in the process list. If there is no pdf24.exe process then the printer does not work.

The Creator itself starts the pdf24.exe if the process is not running so that the printer works.

mdb
    Participant

Thank you, but not sure I understand your answer. When pdf24 is running, printer driver works fine. When I EXIT pdf24, printer driver stops working.

I want to have the pdf24 printer driver working ALL the time, even after I've closed the pdf24 program. I.e., keep pdf24 printer driver working as a resident program even after pdf24.exe process has ended.

Is there any way to do this?

pdf24

Normally there is an autostart-entry for the pdf24.exe. If the autostart-entry is not active then the pdf24.exe does not start automatically after system reboot.

When you run the pdf24 creator then the pdf24.exe is started automatically if the pdf24.exe was not running, but when you close the creator and the creator has started the pdf24.exe then the creator stops the pdf24.exe.

so enable the autostart entry for the pdf24.exe and all will be fine.

mdb
    Participant

Great -- now I understand. That was it, now when I reboot the pdf24 task icon is now there and remains even when I open and close Creator. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.