how to open PDF24 Assistant window on top

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General how to open PDF24 Assistant window on top

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I currently have the newest version (v.8.0.4) of PDF24 installed.
    When I select print > PDF24PDF > the PDF24 Assistant window opens BEHIND the original page and I am unable to see the Assistant window. In order to select "Save" I have to minimize the top, original window, to reveal the PDF24 Assistant. In past versions, the Assistant always opened on top.
    How can I correct this so the the PDF24 Assistant always opens on top?

pdf24

This is a good question and this happens very rarely, but currently we do not know why. We try to find the problem and we try to fix this if we know what the problem is.

You said that other versions are ok? What was you last version which do not opens in the background?

Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I have been using PDF24 for so long I can't be sure BUT I did check an image of the drive from late last fall and at that time I had an older copy v. 7.8.1 installed.

The Assistant has always opened on top. Previously I can see that I archived an old version of PDF24 v. 6.9.2 in my download folder.

Participant

By the way I am using Windows 7 Pro.

Participant

Is there any work around for this for the current version?

I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall older versions in succession until I find one that opens on top but ..................I am in hopes that enough other users of this great software have a similar problem that the developer has the time to investigate and provide a solution.

Thanks

pdf24

Can you tell me which version worked correctly on your PC?

Participant

I have looked at another backup for that drive and it appears to have been 7.8.1.

I cannot look directly as I had to reinstall Windows 7 on that drive since it became corrupted.

vic9001
    Participant

Hello! I'm using your software for many years and I'd like to thank you for the great efforts.

Unfortunately, after upgrading of PDF24 Creator from version 6.2.0 to 8.0.4 I have the same problems as it was indicated at message of user 224739: "PDF24 Assistant window opens BEHIND the original page and I am unable to see the Assistant window"

Previous version was operating well and I was completely satisfied with that. Please fix that annoying problem as it dicrease the efficiency of the app.

Thanks in advance!

pdf24

We currently can't reproduce this issue on all of our developer machines. We try to fix that issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.