Import from Scanner > does NOT work

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Import from Scanner > does NOT work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chitownweb
    Participant

I had installed PDF24 on a test box with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit. After fooling around with it for a few days, I decided to install it (using the same install file) on my actual workhorse machine which runs Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

For some strange reason, on my 64 bit system, the Import from Scanner function does not work at all.

When selecting "File > Import > From scanner or camera" the "Select Source" pop-up window does not pop up and there's also no error message appearing; there's simply nothing happening at all.

On the 32 bit test machine however, it works just fine.
    The only difference I've found is that on the 32 bit I had installed it into the default path(s) where as on the 64 bit I customized the path. So, I went ahead, uninstalled PDF24, restored Win7 to before PDF24 installation, rebooted again, then installed PDF24 on the 64 bit also into the default path(s).

As this didn't resolve the problem, I went a ahead and deactivate firewall and all popup blockers. Unfortunately, the problem still persists.

This is really puzzling my mind and I hope someday can help me solve this problems.

Thanks!

pdf24

The coming PDF Creator 5.3 brings some new fixes for some GUI issues and some other odd side effects when importing files from scanner or camera.

axxo1
    Participant

and some other odd side effects when importing files from scanner or camera.

😕 Would you then recommend upgrading?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.