Install Issue - Not showing as a Printer - Help!

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation Install Issue - Not showing as a Printer - Help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gardenstate
    Participant

Hello,
    I love your program and used it for a long time. I just got another computer and installed pdf24 but it does not show as a printer. This never happened to me before.

I unistalled and re-installed numeruos times.

Please advise. Thank you!

gardenstate
    Participant

I have windows xp pro sp3 and downloaded it direct from your site. Even shut off any virus protection and anti-spyware software to be sure. I did it numerous times. This has never happenned before. It is like it never loaded the print drivers. It does not show up at all as a printer.

pdf24

Please search our forum on how to install an alternative printer driver.

gardenstate
    Participant

I tried to find and search for what you stated. cannot find anything. Can you please assist. I have been using pdf24 for along time and love it. But I just cannot correct his problem on this.

Thank you.

pdf24

1. Locate to Start->System Control-> Printer and Fax

2. Click on 'Add Printer' and than on Continue

4. Mark 'Local Printer, wich is connected to the computer'. Unmark all other checkboxes. Than click continue.

5. Mark 'Use following connection' and check, whether this entry exists: '\\.\pipe\PDFPrint'. Is this entry existent, choose this entry and click continue. Is this entry non-existent, check the box 'Create a new connection' and select 'Local Port'. Click the continue button. Insert '\\.\pipe\PDFPrint' and click 'OK'

6. Choose the manufacturer 'Apple' and 'Apple Color LaserWriter 12/600'. Click continue.

7. Choose in the next dialog 'Maintain driver' and click Continue.

8. Rename the printer name 'Apple Color LaserWriter 12/600' to 'pdf24' and click continue. (Important)

9. Click continue in the next dialog and finally on Finish.

gardenstate
    Participant

That seemed to work. Except it is very dull. Faded blacks and colors?

Any idea? Printed it out to also faded.

Thank you.

Rocco

pdf24

Normally the colors should be ok.

What you can try is:
    - installing another postscript (PS) printer
    - check the image color management (ICM) in the printer settings (click here on extra) of the printer dialog. ICM should have the option ICM disabled.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.