Installation V2.8.4 hangs

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation Installation V2.8.4 hangs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    b-wandrei

Try to distribute PDF24 V2.8.4 with the command line parameter /verysilent as an update (V2.8.1 is already installed) to our Windows XP SP3 workstations.

We are using System Center Essentials for distributing: PDF24 is installed exactly the same way as Windows Security Updates are installed with the option "install updates and shutdown" from the start button.
    But the installation hangs forever, and Windows doesn't shutdown. We have now discovered that when a user with local admin rights is logged on before, the PDF24 installation finishes successful and Windows shut down.
    We never had this problem with any other SW- or security update installation, because the installation starts after the user has logged of.

Thank you in advance for any advice!
    Franz

pdf24

Thats truely bad. I currently don't know what the problem is. Can you test this with command line argument /verysilent removed? Then xou can see what happens and what is displayed tu the user. Maybe there some kind of error message. I would like to know when the setup stops and what happens in your case.

b-wandrei

Thanks for your answer, but your proposal will not work. Like I wrote in the initial post, we intend to install PDF24 exactly the same way than Windows installs Security Updates with the option "Shutdown and install updates" from the Windows start menu. In this phase, the user session is already closed and there is no user interface available at all. When performing an installation that will prompt for anything during this phase, the installation will hang "by design".
    Performing the installation interactive without any switch in the user session will not work (the user has no admin rights), and when the user has admin rights, the problem does not appear.

Regards, Franz

pdf24

Do you know the reason why the setup hangs? Can you give me some more information about that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.