Issue With 6.5

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Issue With 6.5

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    stringy d
    Participant

I had PDF24 6.3.2 installed and then installed 6.5.0

I have a fillable pdf form I use for work which I open and fill out with Adobe Reader. When I print this file to PDF24 to save the file (6.5.0), all of the fillable fields show up blank in the pdf created by PDF24. I found a work around by checking the print in greyscale only box. It works this way, of course now it is greyscale. In 6.3.2, my PDF24 created pdf's of my fillable pdf form work correctly in both grey scale and non grey modes. Is this a bug?

pdf24

Hmm the grayscale option should normally not influence your issue, weird.. hmm

stringy d
    Participant

I have adobe acrobat pro and did and experiment for fun. To test I opened my fillable pdf and selected all of the text fields. When I change the text color to anything other than black and then print to PDF24, it works. But if I switch it back to black text color, and print to PDF24, most of the text fields show up blank. So I think it is related to the fonts or font color. I tried embedding the fonts into the pdf file and was having the same issue. Again everything works fine on 6.3.2.

pdf24

OK,

can you provide a sample file which I can use to test something out? Please send the file to forum@pdf24.org.

stringy d
    Participant

Any luck with the test file I sent you?

pdf24

hmm no, could not reproduce the problem on my developer machine.

stringy d
    Participant

Does it on 3 different computers. 1 windows 8, 2 windows 7. All 64 bit. Only with version 6.5.0.

pdf24

hmm, weird.

stringy d
    Participant

Hopefully it fixes itself in the next update. Until then I will use 6.3.2

stringy d
    Participant

I found another work around that fixes my issue. In the system printer dialogue, go to "Advanced". Under color management click the "Let Printer Determine Colors" box. Then it works. Any speculation as to why this would matter?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.