MSI doesn't work from 4.9 to 6.0.1

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General MSI doesn't work from 4.9 to 6.0.1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    imported_cursim
    Participant

Hello all,

we install 6.0.1 over 4.9 with MSI over Active Directory but it doesnt work
    I think becaus PDF24 is open and I cant set a Transform File with requierd Parameters.

Now we install with StartUp Script Computer Accout

\servershare\PDF24\Sourcen\pdf24-creator-6.0.1.exe /silent /CLOSEAPPLICATIONS /RESTARTAPPLICATIONS /LOG="c:\temp\PDFSetup.log

and now many PCs has 2 entries under Control Panel - Programs

pdf24

Hi,

mixing the installers isn't a good idea. Currently the .exe setup does not take care about an existing MSI installation.

The MSI is normally the right choice to distribute in networks and the exe is better for none distribution.

If you install the exe, you have to uninstall the msi first.

Can you tell me what problems you have with the MSI version?

imported_cursim
    Participant

Hi,

mixing the installers isn't a good idea. Currently the .exe setup does not take care about an existing MSI installation.

The MSI is normally the right choice to distribute in networks and the exe is better for none distribution.

If you install the exe, you have to uninstall the msi first.

Can you tell me what problems you have with the MSI version?

We love MSI because it is easy to deploy with Active Directory Group Policy. We deploy 4.9 with GPO (GroupPolicies). Now we create a new GPO for PDF24 6.0.1 and deploy it with AD GPO but clients have old Version 4.9. I think it's a problem because PDF24 is loaded and in use?

Can I send a screenshot from the entry in control panel Program und functions?

pdf24

Normally the setup takes care about the background pdf24 task. This task is killed by the setup. Currently I don't know what happens if other processes are still open while installing a new version. Think that installer warns or needs reboot.

You can send screenshots to forum@pdf24.org.

imported_cursim
    Participant

i think i have found a little problem.

If you make a setup with setup.exe there is a different name entry as you make a setup with msi under programs and features

PDF24 Creator http://www.pdf24.org
    PDF24 Creator 6.0.1 PDF24.org

you should change the msi to same names as *.exe setup.

thanks

pdf24

Can you explain, why that is important?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.