PDF 24 CReator crashes

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General PDF 24 CReator crashes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rayv
    Participant

I recently installed PDF24 Creator v. 6.20 on an HP Pavilion m-7 running Windows 7 Home Premium. Previously I used versions 6.01 and 5.70 with no problems. Love the software - it does everything I need to do with PDF files.

v. 6.20 worked fine for a day or so. On the third day I noticed it didn't load after a single click on the icon in the task bar. I had to use the desktop icon to load the software. When I open the Explorer window and attempt to close a file, or drag a file or open a file that is not a pdf I get the message "PDF24 Creator has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I can load files (pdf only) if I use the File/Open command from the toolbar. Attempting to load a non-pdf file using the File/Open command results in the above error.

I've re-installed the software (v 6.20) several times with the same result. I also re-installed versions 6.01 and 5.70 and the same problem occurs.

The only changes recently made to the computer were to install the latest version of Microsoft Security Essentials, installed 1/16/2014, and IRFANVIEW 6.3.7 and plug-ins, installed 1/10/2014. After uninstalling IRFANVIEW, PDF24 Creator continues to have the above problem.

Comments, questions, remarks, solutions or otherwise will be appreciated.

pdf24

Hmm hard to answer. Is the PDF printer working? Please try to print a file on the PDF24 PDF Printer.

rayv
    Participant

Printing a WORD .doc file was successful. Otherwise the problem remains unchanged.

rayv
    Participant

Perhaps I should mention the OS is 64-bit Windows 7.

pdf24

Seems that Word COM automation is broken, but I currently don't know how to fix that.

rayv
    Participant

It appears that - possibly only for the moment - the problem has cleared itself up. This happened about 6:30 this morning while I was scanning documents with an HP Photosmart 7520 fax/scanner/printer/copier using HP Scan software bundled with the Photosmart. I happened to open PDF24 Creator and it opened immediately and worked with no problems.

PDF24 Creator continues to work with no problems or issues. Dragging files of any kind works as well as pdf editing. The program loads immediately from the task bar icon.

I can't imagine how the scanner or scanner software could have been the cause of the problem but who knows?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.