PDF Creater - Version 5.3.0 not working properly

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General PDF Creater - Version 5.3.0 not working properly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shomic5
    Participant

Having downloaded my version 5.2.0 only a fortnight ago - I praised its ease of use to my IT department and negotiated that they let my colleagues have it on their PCs. They downloaded it today 22/2/13 but the new version does not work the same as my older version. I can view all the files I want in the left panel and drag them into the right panel regardless of the original format e.g. word, excel powerpoint etc. but my colleague can only copy pdf.s ?? Can you investigate ??

pdf24

Hi, do they only see PDF files or can't other files be loaded? If they see only PDF files then PDF24 has a feature to show only files. Showing all files can be activated via the main menu... "Show all files"

shomic5
    Participant

My colleague can see all types of file available on the left but can only drag over any that are already pdf. Whereas I can see all types of file and drag any over to the right.

pdf24

I think the problem is that you colleague does not have a reader installed which is needed to convert to dropped file.

In the background PDF24 uses the PDF printer to convert the files, but if no reader for that type of file is installed then PDF24 can't print the file on the PDF printer and conversion fails.

Some image files are supported without any other third party software. If you want to convert a Microsoft Word file to PDF then at least the Word Viewer is needed so that the file can be printed on the PDF printer.

If no Word file reader is installed on you system then conversion will fail. PDF24 does not install you readers for any type of file, that is nearly impossible. The PDF printer is the central element here which is used to convert and load a file. Then you only need a reader for that type of file and so you can load nearly every file.

Or just open the file in your reader, click print, choose the PDF24 PDF printer, print the file and that will do the same, you will get a PDF version of your file. Is a little bit more to do, but often works if the auto conversion fails.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.