PDF24 OCR Desktop for Win does not recognize text

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General PDF24 OCR Desktop for Win does not recognize text

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cimat
    Participant

Hello,

I installed the latest version (10.0.12) of the PDF24 Creator on my Win10 PC and found that its OCR tool could not recognize texts. I tested both English and Japanese files. It seems that the tool processed and output new files, but they do not contain any texts on their PDFs.

When I uploaded the same original PDF files to your site and tested the online OCR tool, it could recognize texts successfully.

Are there something wrong with my settings for my desktop version?

Thank you in advance for your kind advice.

Cimat

camielb
    Participant

Same here. As well for version 10.0.12 (64 bit) as 9.2.2 (32bit).

Language: Dutch and English.

Figured out that it is related to tesseract.exe crashing.

Windows:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
    Version    20H2
    Installed on    ‎18/‎05/‎2021
    OS build    19042.1052
    Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Anyone an idea how to solve or what additional info needs to be provided to get this solved?

nvilsj
    Participant

I have the same problem.

Are there any solutions yet?

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Next version brings some more fixes to the OCR tool. The new version will be released next week. Then we will see whether your problems are solved. If not, you can get back to us again. Sample file are also very helpful which can be sent to forum@pdf24.org so that we can do some testing.

camielb
    Participant

Hi,

Today I installed the latest version of pdf24 and still no OCR at all works. That means the document is "scanned" but not a single word is recognized. Document is Dutch, setting is Dutch. This time there is no indication, as far as I can see, of a crashing tesseract. I provided  you a sample document.

<div id="ConnectiveDocSignExtentionInstalled" data-extension-version="1.0.4"></div>

camielb
    Participant

Hi, forgot to mention that the online version is doing it ok.
    <div id="ConnectiveDocSignExtentionInstalled" data-extension-version="1.0.4"></div>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.