PDF24 on a Terminalserver Citrix Server

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General PDF24 on a Terminalserver Citrix Server

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gid_mueller

Hi,
    does anyone tryed to use pdf24 on a Windows Terminalserver with Citrix?
    I get an error if I try to print.

thx

pdf24

Hi,

we have tested the new Version 2.6.2 on a Citrix terminal server. This version works! There were some problem in older versions when using on a terminal server.

blablabla

I just tried installing the version of the printer and after a clean reboot I opened up one of our XenApp4 published apps. I did see the printer but when I print to it the user interface that pops up just shows up on the local console of the Citrix server. Anyone have any ideas?

pdf24

We don't have much experience with published apps.

The PDF24 Creator have to be installed on a local machine. Then the local user have a PDF printer.

This printer can be shared in a citrix environment. e. g. you can install a user printer into an erp application so that the user can print out of the application to his local pdf printer to create PDF files.

The pdf printer on each user account can be shared between any user in the envoronment.

It can only be printed to a machine where the pdf printer is installed. You have to distribute the app to clients.

cult85
    Participant

Hi, i have installed PDF24 4.2.0 Creator on my server Citrix XenApp (windows server 2008 R2) 6.5 but when my users print to it, the user interface pops up only on the local console!! The users, that are not Administrator, cannot generate the PDF. I think that the same problem appears in terminal server enviroment.

pdf24

Hi, the pdf24.exe process must run for each user. If this is not the case then the print job can't be redirected to the right user.
    Please ensure, that the pdf24.exe runs for each user. This can be done by an autostart entry on Logon or something like that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.