Problem after upgrade

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Problem after upgrade

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    midrik
    Participant

Hi,

I was using version 5.7.0 but after upgrading to 6.8.0 I can no longer add an .xls file because it only adds only the first sheet.

So its fine if I only need the first sheets pages. But if the document has multiple sheets it does not add them as the earlier version did.

Please advice and thank you so much for an excellent software. I have had no problems with it until now and I have used it for years.

Thanks.

pdf24

Hi, please open your file and print it on the PDF printer to create a PDF version of your file. The next version (coming next week) will fix some issues in that area.

midrik
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you but no luck with it.

I opened the .xls file in MS Excel and printed to the PDF24 printer but it only gives me the first page. The file has additional sheets that I need.

Is there any chance I can get a link to download the older version (5.7.0) until this is resolved? That would help a lot.

I guess there is an option to disable autoupdates for a while?

Look forward to hear from you.
    Thanks.

pdf24

Please try the new version 6.9.1. I think this version solves you problem.

midrik
    Participant

No, still not working in 6.9.1

If I drag an .xlsx file onto the editing area (dark area) the only thing that happens is that the document gets printed.

It does not give me any chance to edit it before printing.

I need to be able to rearrange the sheets/pages like in earlier versions.

pdf24

What happen after the file was printed? Hope that the file get printed on the PDF printer in order to convert that file to PDF. That is the process if you drag a file into the right window pane.

The PDF24 Creator only supports PDF files and any other file needs to be converted and that is done via the PDF printer. It the PDF printer itself working?

If you drag your document into the right pane and the file get printed on your physical printer then there is something wrong with the printer change. Then you should set the PDF24 printer to the default printer.

midrik
    Participant

Yes correct, the file gets printed.

You are asking if the file gets printed on the PDF printer,.. I honestly dont know. It just prints 2 seconds after the file is dragged onto the right pane. And I mean it prints on a physical printer/on paper.

It does not even give me a chance to select the PDF printer (if that is the correct way).

That is however not what happened in the earlier version when I dragged an xls file to the right pane.

Before (when it was working) the xls file with multiple sheets would show up inside a white box inside the right pane and the sheets along side each other and I could rearrange the sheets before printing.

What happened to that feature? I thougth this is how the majority of users were using your application but obviously Im wrong 🙂

I must be missing something here 😕

Thanks

midrik
    Participant

Hi,

No one here?

midrik
    Participant

Anyone?

pdf24

Seems that the printer name is not recognized in the conversion process. You could try to set the PDF24 PDF printer to the default printer so that the converting application chooses this printer and not the physical one.

midrik
    Participant

Hmm.. regardless of the printing problem, am I not suppose to be able to rearrange sheets from an xls file like I used to in older versions?

It would be nice to know if this feature is totally gone or will be in future releases.

Look forward to getting your answer.

Thank you.

pdf24

Please update to version 6.9.2.

midrik
    Participant

Works perfectly.

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.