Problems Viewing/Printing using PDF24 v2.9.1 on Windows 7

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Problems Viewing/Printing using PDF24 v2.9.1 on Windows 7

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    phatapata
    Participant

Hello,

I was hoping to get some guidance on how to resolve a rather nasty issue with PDF24 v2.9.1. I've been using PDF24 for nearly a year in a Windows 7 and never had any problems, and this issue seemed to arrive suddenly and without warning. It has basically rendered PDF24 completely unusable.

Before I start, I have tried to update and uninstall/reinstall the software, but the issues persist.

Here's a summary of the issue(s):
    - Opening/Viewing: PDF24 will open files/documents, but the review pane will not display any images of the file. The correct number of pages is still displayed, and pages can still be rearranged/deleted. Selecting the "View" option (right-click page) or "Open Preview" option results in a blank pop-up screen. Issue occurs whether opening directly OR dragging/dropping.

- "Save As..." : Save operations appear to work properly for one document (e.g., save image as PDF, PDF as PDF, MS Word as PDF, etc). When merging two or more files, the save operation exits/crashes and does not produce an export file. No error code/notice is provided.

- Print-to PDF24 (any file/document): Print-to-PDF24 correctly brings up the PDF24 Assistant window, but "Show PDF," "Save PDF," "Email PDF," "Save As," and "Preview" options all exit/crash when selected. "Edit PDF" brings up the Editor, but nothing is display/imported. No error code/notice is provided.

----

tl;dr version: For some reason, I can't view, edit, save, print, or export anything correctly using PDF24 v2.9.1 in Windows 7. This issue was non-existent not even two months ago in the same environment. Reinstalling/updating has not solved the issue, and I haven't received any error messages.

Any guidance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I really do love this application, and I'd be very much disappointed if I had to abandon it for a more stable alternative. 🙁

pdf24

Please try to download the latest version of our software. Please clear your browser cache first to ensure not downloading a incorrect cached version. Use an other browser if you don't want to delete your cache.

Hope this helps. I can't explain why you get this behavior. I have a same test environment and it works fine on my pc.

Do other peaple have same problems?

phatapata
    Participant

I tried your suggestion three times in a row while clearing the cache/rebooting/cleaning the registry each time, but it didn't have any effect.

HOWEVER: Fortunately, I had archived a previous version of the PDF24 Installer (v2.8.1). This version works absolutely perfectly. Do you have any other more recent versions handy that I could possibly test on my machine? I can provide you an email address if necessary.

For v2.9.1, I'm sorry I can't explain the problem any better. Could it be some sort of driver conflict that throws an "exit state/exception" by default? For all of the PDF24 Assistant operations I mentioned, the "progress bar" only flashes up briefly, and then it exits back to the Assistant options window almost immediately.

Again -- in the Editor, I can still move document pages around. I just can't see any of the thumbnails, and the preview option doesn't show any images -- just a blank screen.

For reference, I am using Acrobat Reader v9.4.2 as my default PDF viewer and PDF24 as my default PDF printing device. I have no other PDF creation/editing tools installed at this time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.