Suggestion about numbering JPG extractions

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Suggestion about numbering JPG extractions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mojo2000
    Participant

I have a suggestion regarding the extraction of PDF's into individual image files. I find it noisome having to reorder pages when the files appear as 1, 10, 11... 20, 2, 3, 4, 5. Perhaps there could be an automatic function that determines the number of pages/images in a PDF and then when extracting these images, the filename could incorporate one or more leading zeros as appropriate. Then the order would be correct, i.e. 01, 02, 03... 10, 11 etc.

Also, as a side note, I wonder if the PDF24 program could "refresh" a folder view in order to see freshly created directories. Currently I am having to exit the program entirely and then restart in order to navigate new folders easily.

Thanks for the authors' consideration! 😀

pdf24

The note about the ordering is is now on TODO.

Normally PDF24 refreshes automatically if a new folder is created. I wonder why this is not done. Anyway, i#ll put this also on TODO.

mojo2000
    Participant

Thank you so much for taking the time to consider this! 8) I really appreciate it.

This wonderful program and its free status are great!! 😈

On a side note, I need to check some other threads on how to preserve image quality from JPG to PDF. Currently my main purpose is scanning sheet music for iPad use. I edit the raw images in Paint Shop Pro 9 and then convert in PDF24. But very often I find added artifacts... 😳

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.