[suggestion] prepend or append to existing PDF from prnt di

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General [suggestion] prepend or append to existing PDF from prnt di

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    andrewvanmarle
    Participant

As the subject states: it would be nice to be able to print a file to PDF and be able to append or prepend the printed pages to an existing PDF from the dialogue that appears when printing.

Right now it's only possible to do so through the editor which means importing both the just printed pages and the doc you want to append to in the editor, which is a hassle.

Appending is great for contimually archiving on the fly.

Would such a thing be possible in a future edition? (i'd pay for such a feature!)

pdf24

Did you notice that if the editor is open and you print a file that the file then is loaded into the editor?

Then you can do things like this:
    Open the editor, print all files in order, click the merge icon and save the new file.

Isn't that easy enough or what are your thoughts?

andrewvanmarle
    Participant

Hi,

Yeah I checked that out (after your post) and though that works it's not easy enough. (I sound like a spoiled brat now don't I) and that way I can't acces the user made profiles in the print dialogue.

On a day to day basis I work with document archives to which mails and bills need to be appended. (the bills we print on virtual stationary). I mail the bill to the client (from within the print dialogue) and then I save it. It would be immensly helpfull if there were a button to append/prepend directly to a file (chose the file through the save dialogue)

An extra button and a dropdown or radio button is what I had in mind 🙂

Here's a quick example I came up with:

pdf24

Ok, nice feature, I have added this on to the TODO list, but I can't give you a date when that feature can be implemented. There are still some more issues in the list and we keep the list in mind when adding new features to the PDF24 Creator.

One point I wanted to know is why appending or prepending too a file is so interesting for you. Why do you don't save new files into a folder? Might the use case be also interesting for other people?

andrewvanmarle
    Participant

Hi there, sorry it took me so long to reply(I'm enjoying a holiday in the snow)

I use the pdf printer to archive files for a certain house ive sold(realestate agent) it'd make it much neater to have the archive consist of a single file. Especially when there is information (like emails) in the aftercare process to add to the archive. (Essentially the archive is create at the date of transfer of ownership by scanning the paper file and adding some loose digital files. The append option would be helpfull in making sure that such an archive file remains one single pdf where additions are easily possible. 🙂

andrewvanmarle
    Participant

As an addition to the above:

I'm slowly trying to move our office to a paperless one, and that would mean keeping track of all digitale files and correspondence.

I plan to do this by creating and maintaining an archive file (in pdf) per client that can be added to everytime a relevant document is recieved or sent.

rlmonitor
    Participant

I would use this facility to print schematics and mechanical drawings. It would be great to be able to send/save document sets.

andrewvanmarle
    Participant

I was wondering: any news on the probability of this feature?

andrewvanmarle
    Participant

I Guess i've become a bumper but in actuality i'm really hoping for this feature (especially with the option of adding chapyer markers)

Is the feature still on the todo list?

andrewvanmarle
    Participant

😀 I', still fervently hoping for this feature. Has the whole project run down to a standstill? (i noticed the last update was somewhere halfway last year)

Anyway: just letting you know there is still interest. (i use your program about 20 times a day)

pdf24

Hi,

this point is still on our TODO.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.