webview2 with useEvergreen

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation webview2 with useEvergreen

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dachevalier
    Participant

Hello,

I managed to use webview2 with Evergreen instead of the one provided the regkey webview2.useEvergreen and then deleting the webview2 subfolder to save about 450Mb.

I would like to know if there is a way to NOT install webview2 with PDF24?

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

Hi, yes, there is a command line option now to do this. The latest installers provide such a flag:

EXE:
    pdf24-creator.exe /COMPONENTS=!webview2

MSI:
    msiexec /i pdf24-creator.msi REMOVE=WebView2

voyager
    Participant

Hi there 🙂

I noticed that this time around I had the option of skipping the installation of WebView, and I decided that "I don't need it". However, I'm curious about what is the benefit of having it installed?

Thanks.

voyager
    Participant

Is it that with WebView the app looks like shown on the website, with the window border blending in with the rest of the app, whereas without it we have a window frame outline visible?

And perhaps dialogues are more like in Windows 10/11 and less like old-school QT-built app? 🙂

Stefan Ziegler
    Keymaster

The toolbox is build on top of webview2. If there is no webview2 (installed with pdf24 or evergreen provided by windows), then the toolbox will not work.

voyager
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification, Stefan. I guess I already have it through Windows, as I can access the toolbox. 👍

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.