Adding Security to Pdf

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Adding Security to Pdf

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lisasand

Hi,

I am having trouble adding security to the Pdf I create.

This is what I do.

Create the file I want

I then Select All and the pages are highlighted red.

Next I right click and choose properties

Select Security

I then uncheck all of the boxes apart from the two print options.

Finally I save the Pdf.

When I open the saved document with Adobe 9 and check the security it says the document can be editd, extracted etc, it has not got the secuirty that I have just added to the document before I saved it.

It is more than likely me that is doing something wrong so any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Tim

pdf24

Hi,

you have to set an owner password to encrypt the pdf. Without an owner password the encryption feature can't do his work.

The owner password is not a password to open a pdf file, it's just a password for the encryption method.

There is another password, the user password, which have to be entered to open the pdf file.

lisasand

Hi,

Thank you for the response, all worked perfectly!

Easy when you know how!

Thank you again.

Tim

timp

Hi,

you have to set an owner password to encrypt the pdf. Without an owner password the encryption feature can't do his work.

The owner password is not a password to open a pdf file, it's just a password for the encryption method.

There is another password, the user password, which have to be entered to open the pdf file.

How do I set a user password? Thanks in advance.

pdf24

Hi,

there are two ways to do that.

In Assistant click Save as.., choose PDF output format and there are security settings where you can enter passwords.

In Editor right click on a document name and choose properties. The security settings are located here.

timp

Hello again,
    I'm using Windows 7 and Ican't see editable fields in property to create or set a password.
    Thnks.

angsarafin
    Participant

I used security/password feature a couple of months ago, but when I just tried to add security to a new document there are no password fields in the Security section of the properties. I'm using PDF Editor on Windows Vista.
    Does anyone know why this has happened? Is there some system setting that I might be able to change to make those fields appear again?

annada
    Participant

Is there some system setting that I might be able to change to make those fields appear again?

pdf24

The security setting pages are now in Save As dialog.
    Every property is there now.

Click save as, choose output format and make your settings there. Then click save.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.